Download The Science of Getting Rich free!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cambodia Siem Reap, Anyone?

Have you being to Siem Reap, Cambodia before? Yup, Cambodia a third world country and certainly doesn't rank well among all the countries in the world in terms of security, safety and hygiene.

Nevertheless, the country's beauty and serenity what I will go for if I were to visit that place again. No busy, shuffling of footsteps or people constantly looking at their watches wondering if they still could make it on time.

Just dirty streets and people walking around looking for jobs to do or ways on how to carry on with their lives. I don't know about you. However when I first step foot into Cambodia it definitely makes me think again.

Small girl selling Hand Made Accessories in AngKor Wat

Am I taking things for granted for the past 20+ years? Have I been grateful and appreciative of what I have been given? Too often, what is achieved easily is easily neglected.

Hopefully in the next few years I will have the chance to go over to Cambodia once again to experience the serenity and my peace of mind there.


Now, if you were thinking of giving Cambodia, the mystery country a visit, I will highly recommend you pay Angkor Wat a visit too. I am not sure if Angkor Wat is one of the 7 seven wonders in the world, however it is surely one of the many wonders in my heart.

And to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, won't it be better if you can do some charity work, travel and play at the same time?

As I was surfing the web for some information about Cambodia, I came across this Volunteer Travel where with a nominal fee, you will be able to travel to Cambodia, visit Angkor Wat and have the chance to interact with the people there and do charity at the same time!

For more information with regards to this trip, visit the website
http://takemetoasia.com/volunteer-travel-asia/group-volunteer-siem-reap/

They will be departing from 22 May 20008 and return on 25 May 2008.

And for more beautiful sceneries from Cambodia and some other places which I visited during my last backpack trip:

http://ZachBackpack.Shutterfly.com/action/


No comments:

Post a Comment